I like the idea of setting goals and tracking my progress. Up to this point, I haven’t had a platform to share my ideas and truthfully, the idea of setting grammar goals is boring for me. Not only that, but much like when I last joined a gym with grandiose visions of a toned torso sparkling in my eyes, reality is much different than dreams.
In saying that, yes I have goals but they present themselves to me in a way that’s different to what I think a language goal ‘should’ be like.
- Use my time to see Italian friends for coffee.
- Start Italian classes.
- Do extra practise to ensure I can keep up in the livello tre class.
- Just speak Italian even if I’m not sure.
- Finally buy Italian lessons on Italki or find an online language partner.
- Consolidate i pronomi combinati, past imperative and expressing complex thoughts.
- Make videos for my Italian friend to learn English
- Skype this friend
- I’m considering learning Spanish as there is a student in my classroom who is Spanish ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It’s very close to Italian but I just really love Italian first and foremostly.